Art in the Wild: Nature Printing in Clay with Leah DeCapio
In this class, we’ll be making nature prints in clay with treasures we find on a hike with Wild Bear! Using a beautiful brown clay, we’ll press pine cones, bark, pine needles, anything you want to try into the clay. Leah will fire them and accent the print with a subtle glaze to enhance the shapes. You can use your clay tile(s) as a coaster, wall hanging…be creative!
Leah Simmons DeCapio has made art all of her life. She received a Studio Arts Degree (with an emphasis in Ceramics) and an Anthropology Degree from the University of Colorado. Today, she lives and creates in the mountains of Colorado. Her work is inspired by the beauty of nature around her, family and friends. Leah believes in slowing down and truly touching the hands of the makers of ceramic items. This acts as an exchange and intimacy as we engage more fully in everyday acts like drinking a cup of coffee!
Leah’s Website & Portfolio: https://spiritsoftherocks.com/
Arrive at Leah’s Studio (7425 Magnolia) at 9:30.
$65. Generous scholarships available. If interested in a scholarship opportunity, please fill out this application form.
INCLUDED IN COST
– Professional art instruction
– Materials to create art and take home
– Experience a special high alpine location each week
– Transportion is provided (or caravan)
– Adwoa (Wild Bear staff/guide) for support & community-building
– After-lunch sharing & discussion
– Supplies for a handmade journal for first-time Art in the Wild participants
– Lunch, water & snacks
– Weather appropriate clothing & sun/rain protection
– If you book 3 or more classes, use code: 3ORMORE at checkout to receive $5 off each class.
– If you book all 10 classes, use code: ALL10 at checkout to receive $15 off each class.
**Discount codes only apply if you book during this transaction.
REGISTER HERE: https://wildbear.org/events/art-in-the-wild-june-8