Fly Tying & Fly Fishing in the Wild
Join us for a morning intro to Fly tying, where we’ll learn about what’s hatching and tie 2-3 flies to test on the water. Bring a sack lunch and then caravan to a local mountain lake for introduction to fly casting and fishing from shore.
Art Abramson is originally from northern Michigan, and worked for nearly 50 years as a Forester in the woods of the northern Lake States, New England, and Colorado. He has been a Ski Instructor at both Copper Mountain and Eldora Resorts in Colorado for the past 19 years. He has been fishing, primarily for trout, since early childhood, and a fly fisherman and fly tier for nearly 50 years.
Geared towards adults.
– $5 off each class if you book 3 or more. (Coupon code: 3ORMORE)
– $15 off each class if you book all 6. (Coupon code: ALL6)
– Generous scholarships available. If interested in a scholarship opportunity, please fill out this application form.
Included in Cost:
– Professional Fly Fishing Guide
– Fly tying materials and tools to take home 2-3 flies
– Permission to fish for the day with Wild Bear at a local private lake
WHAT TO BRING
– A sack lunch
– Wide-brimmed hat
– Sun protection
– Eye protection (sunglasses)
– Snacks & water
– Rubber boots or shoes that can be submerged
– Outdoor clothing for varying mountain weather
*SPACE IS LIMITED TO 8 PARTICIPANTS, PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. If registration is closed online, please inquire about late registration by calling us at the Nature Center: (303)-258-0495.
REGISTER HERE: https://wildbear.org/events/fly-tying-and-fly-fishing-june-3